Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 69: I don't understand

Believing God

And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. James 5:15

This is so tough for me. When my Dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer he called in our Pastor and other Godly men from our congregation. They prayed earnestly for a healing and anointed his forehead with oil. The cancer took my daddy home to be with the Lord 6 months later. The disease progressed quickly, his body deteriorated, he didn't have to linger, he was peaceful in death. Was that the healing? The Greek uses heals in reference to healing of personal distress. I accept more easily this than I do with two others in my life that I love that are suffering from life threatening illness.

One is a mom my age. We have seen healing but at the same time she continue to struggle with the pain and discomfort. There are struggles in her life that I can't explain.

Another is a mom of two still in secondary school. I have seen her life robbed of joy and the ability to even work and move about. Simple joys like reading taken from her. Medical insurance denials, social security disability denials all frustrate me. I can't even begin to comprehend. All I can say is this is a sinful world and not as God intended. But, God, you do perform miracles. I believe you do. How do we begin to understand why a healing is denied a Godly woman with so much to offer this world. Does your heart break when you look at her family? My heart breaks! When friends come to me for wisdom I have nothing to offer. I know it is not trite but it seems trite when my response is all we can do is keep praying for the miracle!

Father, please give us strength to keep praying. I ask that we don't develop a bitter spirit. I can understand their anger...and I'd be angry also. I am angry and want to come before you right now and plead with the words, "Abba, this is not fair!" Help me to have the right spirit. To be there for them.

For my sister's in Christ, I pray for the miracle of healing! I pray for you to swing wide your doors of blessings. Get her into the correct doctors. Provide financially. Bring favor from government organizations. God, her life here depends on your miracle.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...