Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Friday, April 9, 2010

Day 71: Sifting inorder to GO!

Believing God

It is a hectic time right now and I'm struggling to accomplish all that I need to in order to be a good steward of the opportunities God has given me. Ministry and teaching, family. Today is Lonnie's birthday. Today we travel to see Becca. Sunday will be a long ministry day. But my God is faithful.

My postings have been sporadic but my Father is constant.

Completed video session 4 this morning. It was a temptation just to skip this one hour and move on to the to-do list. I'm thankful I didn't. In a nut shell the lesson was on Believing you are who God says you are.

My favorite was Luke 22:31-32
Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you (plural-all who were there) as wheat. But I have prayed for you (singular), Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.

God allows sifting when there something that needs to get out, go away. Out of his love for us he allows this. But....God, Christ himself is praying for me! How amazing! My ears ring and my eyes swell with tears. My savior that lives is praying for me as I endure the sifting. He sees the outcome and he is praying for me. Like he said to Peter..."and when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." Lord, all the sifting so I can come back and strengthen my brothers and sisters in faith.

Beth Moore said, "He is saying let's get going with getting this out of you, because we've got things to get on to...we need to go so that's gotta go!" Lord, thank you! I am your redeemed, blessed, chosen, adopted, accepted forgiven! I am your child. Thank you for praying for me and loving me as you allow the sifting to prepare us to GO where you have us to go and to do what you have us going to do.

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...