Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Week 2 Day 3

Luke 3:21-37

Jesus' Baptism and Genealogy

  • v. 21 "And as he was praying, heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove.  And a voice came from heaven:  "You are my Son, who I love; with you I am well pleased."
As Jesus was praying the Father spoke to him.  How often do I miss what the Father wants to say to me because I'm not talking (praying) to him.  It's hard to talk with someone that is ignoring you.

Genealogy - seems boring but it actually shows God's faithfulness.  Through generations and generations men were instructed and love in preparation for the Son of God.  Our family history is important. Perhaps some of us have difficult fathers...mine was an alcoholic while I was living at home...but he loved the Lord and recovered from alcoholism  before he died. My children never knew him as an alcoholic.  If it was important enough for God to say to Jesus, "I love you" then our human children also need to hear this affirmation from us. Tell your children you love them!

Lord, help Lonnie and I to raise, continue to invest in, our adult children. They carry our DNA into future generations that only you can see. Help us to point them to you. To never miss an opportunity to tell them we love them! I praise you that you have taught us, and guided us, in how to parent them.  Also, thank you for desiring to speak to me every moment. Help me to be in connection with you and make that effort to hear from you.  It is vital to my existence. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...