Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Monday, November 14, 2011

Week 1 Day 7

Community-Fuse Service

Last night we went to FUSE service. The message was centered on Community and why we desire community in our lives. A couple of important points:

  • In the beginning ...God is  God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit.
  • God created us ..."in our image"   God is in relationship and community a the trinity
  • When mankind experienced the "Fall" in the Garden of Eden our intimate, perfect relationship with God was severed.  We have an inner desire for that type of relationship and will try to fill it in various ways. The only real way to fill that void is to have the relationship with God.
  • I believe when God created us to desire community...it is what prompts us to share the Gospel...to care about others and want them to be with us in eternity. If I didn't care, was self focused and content to be alone, then I wouldn't build relationships that would afford me the opportunity to share Christ. Relational collateral, I believe, is huge in evangelism and discipleship.

Father,
Help us to see the importance of community and being with others...not just for our fun but for your purposes also.  Help me not to so busy that I miss this important piece of how you created me.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...