Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year, New Beginnings

The New Year is filled with anticipation. People make resolutions. The other day someone said to me, "2010 is behind us"  Yes, it is...but so is yesterday, the minute that just passed. The breath just exhaled. So why are we so excited and why do we wait for the "New Year"?  

We set financial goals. We stress about our futures.  Devotion this morning had a scripture from Job 1:21
 And he said, “Naked I came from my mother’s womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.”     We have nothing when we are born. We accumulate and life can take away. But when the end of our lives come the only thing we will have is our character ... the eternal value of our lives in what we leave behind.


I think there is a longing in our spirits to be better...for me...to be more in line with the Father's desires for our lives, our character. To be in step with his desires for our life.

But, we don't have to wait for the new year to make changes. Each moment is a new beginning ... or holds the potential to be a new beginning in the Lord. When we miss his mark for us we can turn to him in a moment and ask for forgiveness and begin anew.

Lord, help me to begin each day with the anticipation of a new walk with you. To anticipate with joy and excitement the changes and molding I can experience to be more like you.  With anticipation I desire to spend daily time with you and hearing your voice. In my prayers to hear your voice.  In my time reading your word. In my interactions with those around me. In my life to see your hand. Moment by moment, Lord, help me to understand each one can be a new beginning.    Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...