Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 114: Perfect Timing

191

Genesis 39:23  "The Lord made all go well with whatever Joseph did."  Normally that wouldn't stand out to me if I were reading it by itself.  I know God had his hand on Joseph's life.  But it is written after Joseph has been sold, accused, in prison...all unjustly...circumstances...choices of others. 

So what stands out to me? Even though life was throwing Joseph a curve ball...major...The Lord made all go well with whatever Joseph did...where ever he was God made the best of the situation for Joseph.

Yesterday's devotion was "I am...but you are"...  I needed that last night.  Once again the reality of finances being what takes me to my knees before the Father.  We have our needs met and then something just springs up out of our control and we are socked yet again.  All night I'm recalling...I am confused but you are all knowing....I am afraid but you are the provider...and my conversations with the Lord continued as I drifted in and out of sleep.  Then this morning the Psalm of the day Psalm 17:1-15 was refreshing to know my God hears me and will protect.  Psalm 103...and forget not his benefits!

The point...God's word is so timely and never by chance. When I take the time to seek him I will find him.

Father, thank you for being alive and oh so real through your word. For whispering into my mind during the night. For helping me to just trust you and know you are there and to recall your benefits to me personally and to my family. The news of my cousins son being killed in a car accident this weekend brings sorrow to my heart...knowing Daniel was a Christ follower brings joy...the work on the cross of your son. Praise you. Be with the family as they grieve what seems unbearable to me.   You are there.   Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...