Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 115: Light in Hopelessness

Psalm 18:23  You make my lamp bright. The Lord my God lights my darkness.

Last night at ladies Huddle we seemed to land quite a bit on hurt and pain in this life, and how we make peace in our own lives with the fact that bad things and pain come to good people. One member said, "If God did this on purpose to our child then he is a cruel God."  But, we all agreed he isn't a cruel God, he can take our anger when we are mad and hurt at what this cruel, yes cruel, world brings to us. 

This morning Psalm 18:23 brought last nights conversation back to me.  The Lord does desire to bring light into my dark world. He can make my lamp, my spirit inside as I see it, still be bright. If I allow this light of God's presence to be extinguished by the pain and cruelty of this world, I will be hopeless.  I don't want that. I can't let that happen.

Father, Psalm 103...and forget not Your benefits.  Help me Father to remember your benefits in my life so that when the dark times are creeping in around me, I will still have your light, even a small ray, to point me in your direction and to fill  my life with your hope.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...