Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 3: Oh My!

A very familiar verse so it was not surprising to read it in the Revealed devotional.

Proverbs 3:5–6 (ESV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.


When I am discouraged or feeling useless in my ministry and wondering if I am where God wants me and doing what he desires....this verse brings focus. I am where he wants me right now and if I trust him with all my heart and see life through his lenses, trust him in that, then my path will be on target to where he wants me.


Shock of the morning - pick up my computer, and read my "Back to the Bible" devotion on line...
the scripture verse for the day....

Proverbs 3:5–6 (ESV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
6 In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.


On My! I had to go back to Revealed and make sure I wasn't just having an over 50 moment! There is was. God is saying, "Pay attention!"

The devotion writes:

"In the Bible you'll find the wisdom of God. Trust Him to guide you when you read His Word. Be confident that He will direct your paths as you apply the Scriptures to your life. Take every opportunity, every difficulty, every issue that comes up in your life and let God show you His way through His Word.

When you read God's Word you read God's mind."

Yesterday brought a challenge and I knew immediately the challenge was not from the Lord. I prayed and continue to pray that my reaction will be that of the Lord. Saying to the Lord, "Help me to navigate this and honor you. I get a pit in my stomach each time this issue comes into my life." this morning I was reading Psalm 56 and realized the deceiver is ready to hem me in and destroy me. Lord help me to fight this battle with the assurance of your right.

Lord, you are real and this is not a coincidence...the same verse, two separate devotions...I will listen....

Lord, help me to trust you with all my heart. I desire to not trust my own understanding as it is fallible...I trust you! I acknowledge that you are before, behind, and beside me. When I seek to follow you my path will be straight and on target moving towards your heart. Your word as recorded in the Bible is your voice. I praise you for speaking to me this day. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...