Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Monday, December 28, 2009

Day 1: Conviction

I wonder what my spiritual life would be like if I checked in intentionally with the Lord as often as I'm thoughtful to check-in with my cafe on Facebook. What would be different about me if I could visually see my success with the Lord through a number like I see my "thumbs up rating" with the cafe.

Yesterday during Pastor Hanks message on preparing for the new year...actually new decade...I was hungry to have a relationship with my God that was more focused...so focused I could instantly hear and sense His heart beat. Don't misunderstand... I pray and read my Bible, do Bible studies...but my hunger is sometimes lukewarm. I don't want to be lukewarm! There is so much more that I desire in my relationship with my Lord.

Thus I have started this blog. It's for me. To help me document the journey. Turn on the computer, complete my devotion on line, and write my thoughts and letters to my Lord.

Lord,
You know my name and my heart. You know my ups and my downs. You know my spiritual struggles. Thank you for loving me anyway. I praise you and appreciate your consistancy and persistance after your people....after me.

This year will bring challenges. Lonnie's job may be ending due to budget cuts. Becca desires to go to SA on mission...a $3,000 endeavor .... Mike will be approaching his last semester of school this time next year...what will be his next step... James and Kelsey will have completed their first year of marriage....Kelsey will be looking for a full time job in her profession. I may have the opportunity to teach on line for Liberty Seminary a class or two.

The big thing, Lonnie and I are looking towards and dreaming about SA retirement and ministry....the inner city safe house for boys in Krugerdorp. When Lord? How Lord? What Lord?

All I know is I desprately need to strengthen my relationship and heartbeat for you. Help me I pray.

Today's online devotion http://www.backtothebible.org/index.php/devotions/authors/lessons_on_living_kroll.html
2 Chronicles 7:14 (ESV)
14 if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Lord, I humble myself and confess I have lacked intense motivation to be with you and hear your soft whisper into my daily life. I seek your face, not only in desperation, but in all seasons. May I see you at work and follow...