Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Day 2: By Chance?

No, this days devotion was not by chance!

This morning I looked at a devotional book that Coastal will be using in February for our all church study...actually, I was looking at the devo book and that will be optional. As I was reading the premise of the study my heart flittered...am I willing to commit all my time....in other words my energy and focus...talents...what God has given me the ability to learn and be able to do...and resources...now that's a joke we have little resources on the surface..but we do have resources...our homes, cars and trucks, little bit of money.

The surface answer is yes! of course! But really? really?

What about time? Turn over my daily to do list to Him and allow him to intersect at any moment and be flexible with that? Go to bed at 9:30 ~instead of watching a tv show ~ so I'm able to get up in the mornings for my QT? Rest on a Sabbath and trust God to get everything done that He needs me to do.

Talents~ have faith that he's using me right now as he needs and anything in the future he'll prepare me for. Not to be in fear of difficult tasks.

The on line devotion this morning is was right on target also-

Proverbs 2:3–5 (ESV)
3 yes, if you call out for insight
and raise your voice for understanding,
4 if you seek it like silver
and search for it as for hidden treasures,
5 then you will understand the fear of the Lord
and find the knowledge of God.

Lord, I am calling out and seeking. David was not allowed to build the temple but he made preparations for his son. He collected an offering and saw you working.

May I seek you with all my heart and acknowledge your will and power. It is not by chance that I am on this path right now and reading these devotions right now! Your timing is perfect. Help me this day to honor you in my work and in my interactions. I trust you for the joy of your presence and Holy Spirit I ask that you help me to discern my Father's presence and voice throughout this day.

Lord, be with our children as they move about. Draw them close to you so that they hear your voice. Protect hearts and give wisdom. Walk with Lonnie in his work day and breathe confidence into him as a man of God and remind him we are your family and you will provide for us. Give him peace, but also the dream of how you will use his passions for your Kingdom's work.


Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...