Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 134: Seeds, Hearts, and Their Eyes

Last week we received the formal letter of invitation from Eastside asking us to come and be missionaries! Wooo Who!  And we know that when God works...so does the evil one that comes to rob and steal.
It's been a tough  week.  So much going on ministry wise, personally, and with LU teaching.  In the midst of all that...being weary ... I fully believe the attacks began from Satan. Two really strange nightmares. Lonnie receiving news his job is once again on the chopping block for city budget cuts.



Reading Luke 8: 4-15 the parables of the man who planted seeds. I was sensing God say to me...keep your focus Debbie. Some impressions:
  • "Some seed feel between the rocks.  As soon as it started to grow, it dried up because it had no water."   You need to be the giver of living water to them...my word...continue to give to them.
  • "Some seed feel among thorns. The thorns grew and did not give the seed room to grow."  The evil surrounding the children can choke out what I want to do...the pagan worship, crime, sin.  You will be my hands and feet to them...their anchor to me.
  • "Then the devil comes and takes the Word from their hearts"   Debbie this is what can happen to the children that hear about me during holiday club. They need to continually hear how much I love them.  
  • "And the fun of this life lets the thorns grow.  Their grain never becomes full-grown."    Debbie, even if one child becomes "full grown" in me this is what I'm asking.
I sensed once again the Lord asking me to visualize their eyes...their hearts.  My heart broke...

Lord,

This is worth it...the battle here. Continue to speak into my weary heart and help me fight. You are good! You are love! You love us and intend good for us. You love the boys and intend good for the boys. Be with Lonnie and I as we move towards your future for us.  Thank you that your word is alive and real today...thank you Jesus for speaking into my today through your words of yesterday.

Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...