Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Day 109: Mountains and Wheelbarrows

Somethings in my life seem to be like a mountain that never diminishes. I sit and look at it...worry over it...wish it were never there...wish I had seen it growing from the hill it once was...wondering why I allowed it or if God allowed it to place me in this posture of total dependence upon him. 

My mountain is in the realm of finances.  Not consumer debt...it's not the things...we don't have fancy anything. We are very conservative.  Our debt is in school debt. Paying for the children and for me.  We struggled all along in our finances when the children were young. Believing we couldn't save money for college.

So, what perhaps were our errors?
  • Not sending one to an affordable college for our family? Wanting to give only their heart's desire? 
  • Not trusting the Lord to provide for what he called me to do...pursue my final degree. Panicking and taking the easy way out...loan.
What perhaps was just life circumstances?
  • 3 children and average income...not being able to adequately save for college
  • for one year there were 3 of us in college/grad school
  •  We have been able to keep pace the last 4 years so that was wonderful. The Lord blessed with my Fellowship the last year of my doctoral program...that was God!
  • Cost of one in Christian private school
  • Cost of travel sports
  • Housing market droping out from under everyone. Two homes and two mortgages.
Where was God in all of this?
  • Using the degree, college experience, and even location to prepare one for ministry. Grace learned first hand.
  • Molding the heart of a future teacher and missionary in private Christian school
  • Committed scholar athletes. Sports that motivate and focus. Teach life skills.
  • Calling of obedience to pursue terminal degree that now provides work from home to whittle away at the mountain.
  • Providing so we didn't loose two homes. Enough to scape by
  • Tenants to hold on to one home
  • Teaching online to pay for college tuition's
  • Income (tax refund) so we could go to SA...three of us! The Lord worked while we were there.
  • Continued ability to tithe and give to special projects...missions.
Lord, little by little we carry away that mountain in wheelbarrow full loads.  Help us to acknowledge your provision each load. Help us to keep in mind you are our Lord and all this is yours. 

You do not condemn and have forgiven. We have learned. We acknowledge your sovereignty. You will continue to provide. Help us not to allow Satan to defeat us spiritually, emotionally. To recall...

Praise the Lord, o my soul, and forget not all his benefits... Psalm 103:2

Thank you for our wheelbarrows...give us strength to keep moving that mountain so we can pass into your promised land.

How amazing...a song that has been resonating in my mind just now began to play on my iPod....

"What I need is for you to reach out your hand. You have taught me that no matter what you would understand.... (FFH, Lord Move, Or Move Me)

Is this a coincidence? Absolutely not!  Lord, move me and my wheelbarrow. Move in a way I've never seen before!

Thank you Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...