Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Day 105: Friendship

Even my best of friends can hurt my feelings. In a conversation when I'm excited and can't wait to share with them, but in return they appear uninterested. Sometimes it is difficult to discern if they are just having a bad day, thus their abruptness and seemingly condescending words. Or at least that's what I percieve...but where does that come from?

Satan steps in and keeps me up at night rehearsing conversations and causing me to begin the blame game. Thinking of the times I was corrected in my actions and wanting to show others their inperfections as well. Loss of sleep is frustrating. My mind can quickly ease into the deceivers playground.

Then the graciousness of the Holy Spirit brings a peace when I call on Him. The Lord's prayer begins to run through my mind as I focus on what ever is good and honorable. Thanking God for my friends and praying for them. Realizing that no one is perfect...especially me. Asking Jesus what I can do for my friend to bless them and encourage them.

This morning's online devotion includes
"There is a friend who sticks closer than a brother" (18:24). That friend is Jesus. He promised us, "I am with you always, even to the end of the age" (Matt. 28:20).

I want to be like Jesus in my friendships. I want to be close and intimate with Christ as a friend.

Lord, help me to be like you. To stay close to you so that I can be close, loving, and forgiving in my friendships. Thank you for my friends. Be with them right now. Encourage them in a way only you can.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...