Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Monday, December 6, 2010

Day 106: Faithful

You are Faithful...your joy is my strength. The words of Hillsong are playing on my IPod. Just finished daily Bible study on Lord's prayer...all about "faith" Key passage is

Faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1

That's the hardest part...assurance of things and conviction of things not seen, nor understood. Beyond my comprehension. I'll be honest and admit it is hard to have faith that God does know me by name...intimately. That he knows my needs...even my secret needs. that he knows my heart's desires for my family. Sometimes I think perhaps I am naive to think he will make everything work ... how can that be? And then you throw in there his permissive will.

I think specifically about our future serving Him. The future of our children. I find myself praying and confidently asking, yet hesitant that God would answer. Hesitant that I can pray the Father's will. What happens when I think it is God's will and then it turns out not being what I anticipated or thought I saw unfolding? There have been times when I thought I saw God working and moving in a specific direction only to become aware that the outcome was not what I thought it would be. Did I misunderstand? Obviously. Did I not pray enough? Perhaps. Did I lack faith? Maybe a smidgen. Do I need to just acknowledge that His ways are not mine and I am not to try and figure it out? Absolutely. I am to pray for understanding and FAITH....to accept what his plans are for today and tomorrow.

Father, give us this day our daily bread.....Father, I am confident in you. Holy Spirit help me to be aware of my Father's movement in my life and the life of those I love. Jesus, thank you for your sacrifice so that I can talk directly to my Abba. I trust you. I have faith in what I don't understand...nor see...I just know your character to be unchanging...and in that I have FAITH in your love for us. Your will be done... Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...