Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Say 101: Obedience-foundation to hearing

???

Beginning to prepare for the Ladies retreat in two weeks. I've started Priscilla Shirer's study, "He Speaks to Me." We all want the Lord to speak to us...or do we? Do we want to be held accountable for obeying or disobeying when we know he has spoken? I'm not so sure that we do. You see, if I know God is telling me I'm over indulging in food and not exercising...thus not caring for His temple, and I continue to over indulge and not exercise...I'm choosing to be disobedient. Maybe the disobedience is ever so slight in my mind, but it is there none the less.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge. Proverbs 1:7

My paraphrase based on the original meaning of some words is "To respect the Lord is the essence of spiritual understanding." Fear is respect and honor, and reverence...a spiritual fear.

Steps to my obedience... write down food for 1 week, turn off face book until the retreat is over because it is a distraction on several levels - I get distracted from QT and I could be walking instead. Walk three times a week...do at least 10 sit ups a day...get moving!

Lord,
Please help me to keep to my action steps in obedience to you. I don't want to hear and not do your will. May my obedience bring clarity to your voice.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...