Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Day 80: A People Not Yet Created


Let this be written for a future generation, that a people not yet created may praise the Lord. Psalm 102:18

Back from South Africa! The one month there went quickly! Mission trip portion was amazing.
Two memories-
(1) Pastor Paul on day one looking at me and asking "Can you teach my people how to have a Sunday School?" "Yes," I replied, "When do you want to begin that?" "This Sunday." Oh my! God sent me there with now prior warning that is what I would be doing; therefore, I had no supplies. God is faithful! His word is all we needed and the rest fell into place. Loved my 6 future teachers...I am confident that the work God began in them is still going.
(2) Over 100 children desiring Jesus to be their friend, savior for ever. The honor of presenting them the message of hope that only comes from Jesus.

Exploring future ministries - second two weeks - memories
(1) In a squatters camp delivering bags of Maize for food to child head of households. Heartbreaking to realize a young 10 year old is the provider for his younger siblings.
(2) Eden (1st grade) and brother Luke (4th) at Bethany House. Eden's sweet voice and eyes as she continually found me and hug me..."You found me!" she would say. Their Father was killed in action as a police officer. Mother was murdered 2 years later. No other family to care for them properly.

God answered our prayer of ministry direction. It will be with Child head of Households identified through the under resourced churches. Also, developing plans to teach people to garden and produce food.

Through out the trip Psalm 102:18 came to my mind. Our future will involved ministry to influence generations not yet created.

The children of SA need us...The cost of obedience however is high. leaving the children God has given us here.

But I continue to here His voice, "I gave you three children that you raised to know me. Will you not go to my other children that need to know me?"

Yes, Lord, we will go.

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...