Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 75: Obedience without Understanding

Back to the Bible

"By faith he kept the Passover and the sprinkling of blood, so that the destroyer of the firstborn would not touch the firstborn of Israel." Hebrews 11:28

I can't imagine being Moses. I major mess up...run to the dessert (this part I can associate with) and then years later a bush speaks to me and says it is God's voice. Unbelievable? Yes! But believable? Yes, when you know my God. Then God sends Moses back to his home place...imagine Pharaoh's daughter, the one that raised Moses, when she sees this scrubby man walk in 40 some years later...to talk to the Pharaoh. A better desription would be to tell Pharaoh that God said let my people go! To let thousands of people! It would only be because a bush had spoken that would have given me the undeniable confidence that God actually said it. And on top of that, Moses gives his leaders instructions on what to say to the people so that the death angle will passover their home! Use a branch to put blood over the doorframe and on the door posts.

Lesson for me....there are times I need a burning bush but I don't seem to get it... God chooses to use other methods to grab my attention. I know for sure God has spoken through His word in regards to a few areas of our lives...and now I am just waiting and praying I am being obedient.

There are times I just have to take on FAITH what the Bible tells me to be true and what I need to be about. Moses was in the dessert 40 years waiting for God's timing to use him as he saw fit. It is back to that waiting time and that trusting God even though I don't understand it! I don't want to be in the wilderness wandering around because I'm afraid to step where God says step.

Lord, some things seem crazy impossible...like the sacrifice of a lamb saving the life of a family's first born...even a death angle flying over an entire city...but the truth is it doesn't matter how crazy it is to me...you are God and I have to move when you say move and trust when you say trust.

Crazy that we can survive the financial strain we are in? Yes! Crazy that we can prepare for the next step? Yes! Crazy that God's plan would have us serve in a place foreign to us and in a manner we don't understand? Yes! As crazy to me as hearing God say blood over the door seal? In my world, yes.

But the ability to be obedient even without understanding? Yes!
Because as we are learning in Believing God:
  • God is who He says He is
  • God can do what He says He can do
  • I am who God says I am
  • I can do all things through Christ
  • God's Word is alive and active in me


Mar 9:23
" 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes."

I BELIEVE GOD

Lord, help me in my disbelief. Even when I don't understand, when life is hard, help me to trust you and obey. Bless my friends that are struggling right now...relationships, finances, a place to call home. Continue to place your hedge of protection around our children. Draw them to you. Bless their relationships. May they put you first! I love you, Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...