Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 73: I'm Back!

Have you ever just been numb, lethargic, going through the motions, too lazy to journal? How do you get back up and start? Do you feel like you are on a roller coaster ride in life where there are more downs than up? You just don't get what is happening? Are challenges ever going to to be better? Who do you believe when they whisper into your heart?

Back to the Bible

Daniel 3:24 (ESV)
24 Then King Nebuchadnezzar was astonished and rose up in haste. He declared to his counselors, “Did we not cast three men bound into the fire?” They answered and said to the king, “True, O king.”

The author writes, "If you are going through a time of fiery testing, let Christ's presence bring you comfort and peace. He will hold your hand. He will walk with you. And when it's over, you will come out stronger and freer than when you went in. Don't fear the fiery furnace; trust God.
Walk with God and you'll never walk alone."

The Past Month
It has been over one month since I blogged. I have been having a quiet time but not blogging. I was so lazy and overwhelmed with "stuff" that I forgot my password, which was an excuse. But I'm back with this now ... to journal this crazy journey.

It has been a spiritually trying month. I've been so BUSY DOING that I often forgot to BE. I so quickly slipped right back into the "MARTHA" role that I forgot to be "MARY." So sadly I can hear my Lord say, "Debbie, Debbie, Debbie, you are concerned about so many things except the one thing that is most important." Lord forgive me, please. I have been busy doing and not being in your presence as much as I should. It was at times just read something and click that off the list. But in that you still were very faithful to teach me and encourage me.

I have continued "Believing God" by Beth Moore. An excellent study that challenges me and blesses me. I believe the one teaching that stands out to me is what she calls the "Later Syndrome." That is...obey God now....and wait until later for the blessing. She even says that in our obedience we may cry out..."Lord, this is a bigger mess then when we started!" But God is still working ... and maybe working on our inside, which he is most concerned with.

That's how I feel about the NL house. We knew God was moving us here over three years ago, but he chose not to sell that house. The home is empty now and we are praying about God's next tenant. We have things we have to do to that home before we can rent it. We can't sell it as the appraised tax value just dropped yet again. Amazing how it can go from 440 to under 300.
So it seems for us it always comes down to money...not enough to meet the necessities. One step forward, two steps back.

The Lord knows!

In the midst of all this...my money for the mission trip to SA is secured. Becca is funded. Lonnie is funded. We are going. It is obvious where the Lord wants us on mission this summer. We will have time to dream God's future for us while we are there. I've begun to think through the information I'd like to gather. Financially, I'm just trusting him to fill in the gaps else where.

Like with Daniel the Lord will walk beside us. When I doubt I recall pharses from different verses...
"If, the Lord replied...." God can do all things.... "I can do all things through Christ..."

I BELIEVE GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...