Children caring for children

Children caring for children
Abba... Heavenly Father to the fatherless

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 96: 194 Pounds

Don't you know that you are God's temple...and God's Spirit lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Well....
  • I was an alternate so didn't get to deliberate.
  • My first reaction was disappointment.
  • My thought was, seriously God? You put me here and then scoot me off?
  • I was relieved when the press reported the jury was hung, mistrial declared, and new trial scheduled.
  • I thanked the Lord for not wasting two of my days.

  • Healthy I am not...gallbladder attack and lingering symptons
  • I weigh 194 pounds! There it is out on the web...Debbie Warren weights way too much!
  • God is convicting me and I'm sensing - yet again - that this is a spiritual battle. I am a home ec major for Pete Sakes and I know how to eat healthy!
  • I've paid Weight Watchers a lot of money in the past to loose 30 pounds...only to return to unhealthy eating and be right back where I am now. Money wasted.
  • The money I would pay to weight watchers - primarily for accountability - I could contribute to an intern.
  • God won't give me a piece about going back to WW.
  • I am lazy and don't excercise...not even an evening walk with the dog. Pitaful!

I am doing Breaking Free by Beth Moore. This is my bondage...unhealthy eating...which produces excess weight and possibly gall bladder problems. I must depend on God to help me fight this and not man. I must be accountable to a God I can't physically see and not person I can.

For me, and only me, Weight Watchers is not what God wants me to do right now. I must depend on him.

I will sign into my blog weekly with my weight...that will be my accountability...I will see it.

Lord, help me to hold fast to you. Thank you for showing me this is a spiritual battle that I can't fight on my own. I need you to walk alongside me. For this season you are saying "No" to outside help. Be my helper. Be my supporter. Be my ultimate accountability. I am your servant and desire to serve you well with my whole body. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts...